Subject: UPDATED URL - FOR INFORMATION: A new version of ERVISS is now available
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2024 12:47:46 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

The mail below is being resent with a corrected URL to access ERVISS - 
https://erviss.org/.  Many thanks to those of you who informed us the 
previous one was incorrect and please accept our apologies for the 
inconvenience.

To:        National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases, Operational 
Contact Points for COVID-19, Influenza and SARI

Cc:       National Coordinators , National Focal Points for Surveillance

Dear colleagues,

A new and improved version of the European Respiratory Virus Surveillance 
Summary (ERVISS v2.0) is now available! Access it at https://erviss.org/

There are several new visualisations across ERVISS:

*	Updated weekly summary of the epidemiological/virological situation for 
Influenza, SARS-CoV-2 and RSV
*	New country section - a single page providing the user with an overview of 
the main indicators submitted by each country, together with a table 
describing the underlying national surveillance systems used to collect 
these data.
*	RSV type data is now shown where reported. This is visible when only RSV 
is selected.
*	More age-specific data is now shown especially for primary care 
surveillance data. These additional visualisations are possible due to the 
countries switching to reporting age-specific data to RESPIAGGR. This is 
visible when a single pathogen is selected.
*	More detailed age distributions of hospitalised patients with SARI (severe 
acute respiratory infection) testing positive for Influenza, SARS-CoV-2 and 
RSV are shown in a new tab (‘Severity’ section 🡪 'SARI virological in 
detail' tab).
*	Antiviral susceptibility data for influenza viruses are now be included.
*	Additional heatmaps showing the relative contribution of weekly data by 
country. This is visible when a single pathogen is selected.

In addition to the new visualisations, the following improvements have been 
implemented:

*	Updated nomenclature for the different surveillance systems in the 
Methods, tab headings and introductions to better reflect the way in which 
data are collected in across different EU/EEA countries. (We will update to 
reflect WHO/EURO countries and areas)
*	Updated calculation for influenza dominant type means this information is 
available for a greater number of weeks, including when influenza activity 
is lower.
*	Narrowed time range of data to the current season plus four historical 
seasons to speed up and simply display of historical data.

Please remember to use the selection buttons on ERVISS to access all the new 
visualisations (e.g. pathogen selector, age selector). Some detailed plots 
are only visible when a single pathogen is selected.

Kind regards,

The ECDC and WHO Europe Respiratory Viruses Teams

Classified as ECDC NORMAL 

From: ECDC respiratory viruses
Sent: 12 November 2024 13:49
Cc: ECDC Info <[email-masked]>
Subject: FOR INFORMATION: A new version of ERVISS is now available

To:        National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases, Operational 
Contact Points for COVID-19, Influenza and SARI

Cc:       National Coordinators , National Focal Points for Surveillance

Dear colleagues,

A new and improved version of the European Respiratory Virus Surveillance 
Summary (ERVISS v2.0) is now available! Access it at 
<https://ecdc365.sharepoint.com/teams/iorg_dpr_rvl/Storage/Respiratory%20Viruses/Surveillance/Communication/Network_support/erviss.org> 
erviss.org.

There are several new visualisations across ERVISS:

*	Updated weekly summary of the epidemiological/virological situation for 
Influenza, SARS-CoV-2 and RSV
*	New country section - a single page providing the user with an overview of 
the main indicators submitted by each country, together with a table 
describing the underlying national surveillance systems used to collect 
these data.
*	RSV type data is now shown where reported. This is visible when only RSV 
is selected.
*	More age-specific data is now shown especially for primary care 
surveillance data. These additional visualisations are possible due to the 
countries switching to reporting age-specific data to RESPIAGGR. This is 
visible when a single pathogen is selected.
*	More detailed age distributions of hospitalised patients with SARI (severe 
acute respiratory infection) testing positive for Influenza, SARS-CoV-2 and 
RSV are shown in a new tab (‘Severity’ section 🡪 'SARI virological in 
detail' tab).
*	Antiviral susceptibility data for influenza viruses are now be included.
*	Additional heatmaps showing the relative contribution of weekly data by 
country. This is visible when a single pathogen is selected.

In addition to the new visualisations, the following improvements have been 
implemented:

*	Updated nomenclature for the different surveillance systems in the 
Methods, tab headings and introductions to better reflect the way in which 
data are collected in across different EU/EEA countries. (We will update to 
reflect WHO/EURO countries and areas)
*	Updated calculation for influenza dominant type means this information is 
available for a greater number of weeks, including when influenza activity 
is lower.
*	Narrowed time range of data to the current season plus four historical 
seasons to speed up and simply display of historical data.

Please remember to use the selection buttons on ERVISS to access all the new 
visualisations (e.g. pathogen selector, age selector). Some detailed plots 
are only visible when a single pathogen is selected.

Kind regards,

The ECDC and WHO Europe Respiratory Viruses Teams

DC NORMAL 

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.